Winkelmans

Winkelmans
love married life

Monday, February 17, 2014

Everything since December first.

December
What a couple of months! It has been full of fun, excitement and business. I was able to go to Michigan at the beginning of December and spend some time with my sister, her husband and their 2 fun kids. I had a blast and forgot how much fun it is to be with my niece and nephew.

While visiting my sister, we took a weekend trip to Chicago!

Kinzley and Zak with Santa
I was able to take me niece with me to Utah and that was so fun. We had some fun times being with Kinzley my niece. We had her in Utah for a week and then her mom, dad and brother followed us to Utah a week later. We were able to spend Christmas in Utah with mine and Lloyds family. It was the best. I wish that it would have never ended. We had my whole family at my parents house this year besides my little brother Kevin who is serving in Ukraine. We were able to talk with him on Skype on Christmas day and that was the best present ever! Christmas was amazing and a time to celebrate our Saviors birth and be with family. It was sad to leave everyone and come back to Taiwan.
Traditional PJ's

Cute Zak is always smiling

New Years Eve--So glad we could spend it with these two

Grandpa and Kinzley made us sugar cookies

There was never a dull moment at the Hales home...Always playing games!

Grandpa and Zak, best buddies. This kid doesn't stop smiling

Zak loves looking out the window at the snow

Lots and lots and lots of family parties

The Hales Clan

So glad we got to be with this cute family

Grandma and Zaky boy
The Winkelmans took us to Music and the Spoken word and it was beautiful and so fun to be with them

Our nephews played great roles in the Nativity.

Ty and Kate--Joseph and Mary

A new tradition in the Winkelman home.. PING PONG in their new home!

I'm so lucky to call all these wonderful ladies family
Sledding happened a lot while we were there



Back to Taiwan
Coming back wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. We have been having a blast since we came back! I thought when we came back that I would be super home sick and that is not what has happened. We have made sure that we do a lot of fun things to keep our minds off of Utah and so we decided to go to Hong Kong for Chinese New Year! It was a blast. We were able to go to Hong Kong Disneyland while we were there and act like kids. We rode all the rides tons of times and got pictures with the Disney Characters. I felt like a little kid again and we have a riot. I was sad that it was more of a mini version of Disneyland. There weren't as many rides and especially as many big kid rides. Although we found a few rides that were awesome so we stuck with those for most of the day. I also missed all the American food that California Disneyland has. I did find a good churro though. Other than that it was mostly Asian food and some hamburgers. It was a good time. We loved every second of it. At least it was a Disneyland. This made us want to go to the California Disneyland. I think that will be happening as soon as we move back to the States.


We also got to go to a place called Victoria Peak. It was the most gorgeous view I have ever seen in my life. We were on top of a very high mountain and it overlooked Hong Kong. It was amazing and I have never seen such a beautiful place. We went over Chinese New Year so of course it was so busy, but so worth it. We rode a taxi up the mountain and I was pretty scared because the edges were right next to you and you would look out the window and just see a drop off so I pretty much just looked at Lloyd the ride up. We got to eat at a restaurant called Bubba Gump, a shrimp restaurant. I believe there are many of these in the States. It was really really good. I had the coconut shrimp with an orange marmalade dip. It was the best shrimp and I am not a shrimp gal, but this was to die for! I wanted to go back again the next day, but it was just too far away. That night was just amazing. I felt as if I was dreaming. I would go to Hong Kong just to go to Victoria Peak. Our hotel was right against the ocean so it was so pretty to go out at night and just look at the pretty buildings and lights. It was really warm and just the perfect place.


The patio of our hotel

Another fun thing we did in Hong Kong was shopping! I know it was fun for me, I don't know how it was for Lloyd. He was playing games on his phone the whole time. ;) There was a huge H&M in Hong Kong and that was my favorite. I could have spent all day there. I tried on so many clothes and was in heaven. Since there is not a whole lot of good shopping in Taiwan, I made sure to shop away in Hong Kong.
We also rode the fairies across the ocean to get to the different islands in Hong Kong. That was amazing too. This trip was quite an experience and I did so many things I never dreamed of doing. This trip was definitely one of the best I have ever been on. I can't wait to go back. We will for sure be back there again soon!



Of course Lloyd had to watch the BYU Basketball game while waiting for our airplane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment